Take from this world. There is so much that it offers you.
Learn from others. Sit at the feet of the wise. Learn their ways.
Humble yourself to God's direction and wisdom.
Be willing. Give back. Love.
These are my goals.
Join us.

Monday, January 17, 2011

Its been awhile!

So much to say!!  Enjoyed hanging out with my dad and sister, (road tripped it)!  Siena is the best!  Snowboarding was great!  Christmas was fun! (But I missed my family.)  New Years was really REALLY loud!!  I was sick for about a week- from New Years on.  (That wasn't fun, btw.)  I just started Italian classes again!  I'm understanding Italian alot better now!  AND I leave in two weeks.
I'm kind of excited to continue on my journey but at the same time, I will really miss it here.  I have made quite a few friends- quality friends.  Also, I'm just starting to get ahold of the language.  There are many words and phrases I've been able to pick up that I wouldn't have otherwise if I wasn't in here.  I'm so greatful for this oppertunity.  I love Italy and I will be back some day.
Working in la cucina has been really good for me.  No one in the kitchen can speak English fluently.  This makes it nice for me because everyone is constantly telling me things in Italian!  Some of the others can speak some English so we work together some times to figure out words.  I'm always asking, 'Come si dice?', again and again.
There is a lady here that always talks to me about her teeth.  I don't understand all of what she's saying but she just comes up to me and starts talking and talking.  I understand that her teeth hurt and she can't eat very well.  But pretty much everything else is lost on me.  Everyday she has a little different story about how, today here teeth are this or that and she can or can't eat this or that.  I think that's what she's saying.. haha.
Mario is a bipolar.  (That's my own diagnosis.)  He is seventy-five years old and works here at the nursing home part time.  He opens and closes the gates every morning and evening and sets the table per pranzo e cena.  He is a character some times.  One day he will be happy and joking around and the next day he won't talk at all or mumble about things all day.  Some times he sings while setting the tables.  One morning he came in with his head down and looking very depressed.  He mumbled things for awhile and we couldn't figure out what was wrong with him.  Eventually we figured out that he had left him brief case on the bus and it had forty euros in it.  I felt a little bad for him... but it was kinda funny.  (Not that he lost the money or brief case just the way he was acting.)  Him and this other lady that works part time as well have at it some times-  thats kinda funny too.
It's been a fun time here!  I'll miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment