Take from this world. There is so much that it offers you.
Learn from others. Sit at the feet of the wise. Learn their ways.
Humble yourself to God's direction and wisdom.
Be willing. Give back. Love.
These are my goals.
Join us.

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Recent Happenings

I have been in Forli for three weeks now and I love it here. The language is challenging but I'm catching on quickly.  I am taking Italian lessons on Monday and Wednesday. The teacher doesn't know any English so it will force me learn Italian even quicker. I understand a lot more than I can speak so it is difficult during conversations because I can't always add my two cents. It teaches me patience and how to choose my words and think before I speak.

My job description is is a bit vague that is why I have been reluctant to share much of what I do. After three week, though, I think I have got it down. I do whatever needs to be done. haha. I have painted doors and parts of walls. I have raked leaves and picked up trash.  Recently, I helped move out twenty-two beds which were replaced but new, fully electronic ones. Riding the elevator was the most fun part about that job- all thirty-two seconds.

I am really enjoying myself here. The people are very friendly and accepting. They made me feel like family in the first hour I was with them. They are very spontanious and care free. They are masters of making some thing our of nothing.
The church youth group took a trip to the mountains last weekend and I went along. That was a lot of fun and the mountains are breathtaking. We stayed in an old church building made of stone next to a church with a bell. I felt kind of like I was in a movie.  Old Europe was right there in front of me.
I am blessed to be here. I work around the elderly all day long and most of the time they so happy. They are content.  Life is simple here. Everyone is relaxed from the youngest to the oldest. There are always times though- trust me, Italians can get pretty excited! Over all though they are relaxed. Not wanting for anything. I would describe it as being, chill.

No comments:

Post a Comment