Take from this world. There is so much that it offers you.
Learn from others. Sit at the feet of the wise. Learn their ways.
Humble yourself to God's direction and wisdom.
Be willing. Give back. Love.
These are my goals.
Join us.

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Just Inside Thailand.

(Screenshot from a video in Sing Buri.)


From Hong Kong, I flew to Bangkok, Thailand. I was met at the airport and road in a taxi to a hostel in the heart of Bangkok. It is a busy city. We passed many temples on the way. Gold and deep red color with fancy designs. I don't have any pictures of them or Bangkok. I guess I was just taking it all in... Through my eyes. I took a couple videos of that evening though. There are eight of us here from the States. The six are from Maryland, one from Arizona, and then me from Washington (State). I had to clear that up.


We went to dinner on the main tourist street where everyone was getting a massage and solicited to buy souvenirs. Dinner was good. Different from Thai food in back home. We kind of think of curries but there was a good variety of food.

(Learning our names in Thai.)

We spent one night in Bangkok and then traveled to Sing Buri where we are at right now. The idea is to get us accustom to the culture for when we go to stay in local homes. We are staying in a house together learning some Thai and eating good food made by P'Ao and P'Mik. Solid leaders. They are very kind and patient and helpful and have a good sense of humor.


We'll be traveling to our sites on Thursday.


We had a quick rain the other day. It came down and we went outside and took showers. It was warm and refreshing.

No comments:

Post a Comment